BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, offering a 12-week Diploma program in Data Science. BrainStation is currently seeking a Data Science professional to lead the delivery of our program through online and in-person teaching. BrainStation Educators are given the unique opportunity to teach, research, and work on real analysis problems, while simultaneously building the future of higher education.
- Lead our 12-week Data Science Diploma program
- Help build a world class technical team
- Deliver lectures and mentor the next wave of Data Science talent
- Co-create BrainStation’s full-time Data Science Program that will positively impact the lives and careers of hundreds of individuals across our campuses
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date skills in data science to our students
- Apply BrainStation’s “Agile Education” methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students
- Constantly improve your own skills, and apply these skills in collaboration with other
- BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the education experience of the future
Successful candidates will have
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional and a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the subject matter OR 8+ years experience as a Data Scientist or Analytics professional
- Experience building and leading teams
- Strong command of querying and programming languages (SQL, Python, R), and visualization tools (Tableau, Python packages, etc.), as well as experience applying various methods of numerical and categorical modelling and machine learning principles
- Practical experience designing and conducting experiments using a variety of tools and methods, and can speak to their complexities in a simple and logical manner
- Experience in a teaching role, and be comfortable speaking to large groups and mentoring others on the job
- An empathetic, friendly, and approachable demeanour
- A proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
BrainStation is a global leader in digital skills training and development, with courses, workshops, events, and corporate training offered online and in state-of-the-art campuses in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver. Founded in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 250 instructors from the most innovative companies, developing cutting-edge, real-world digital training for more than 50,000 professionals and some of the largest corporations in the world. By 2025, BrainStation will have innovation hubs around the world, and will be empowering young minds, powerful politicians, fortune 500 CEOs, and the newest wave of disruptive innovators, on campuses and online.
To apply for this job please visit careers.brainstation.io.