Enthought powers digital transformation for science. Our technology and deep scientific expertise enable faster discovery and continuous innovation. We solve complex problems for the most innovative and respected organizations across the life sciences, material sciences, chemical, and semiconductor industries.
The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the development of scientific and technical applications involving GUIs, 2D and 3D visualizations, workflow and pipeline architecture, and numerical algorithms for our proprietary products and for customer applications. We currently have openings in Austin (USA), Tokyo (Japan) and Cambridge (UK). Some travel may be required.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in recent graduates. Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a strong background in science and mathematics, as well as real experience developing quality software, either commercial or open source. More experienced applicants should have demonstrated aptitude for collaborative software development and the ability to work with developers of all experience levels. Project management skills and team leadership experience is a plus.
- (Required) Bachelor’s Degree in scientific, mathematical or engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum 2 years of technical lead or software development experience with 4 or more years preferred.
- Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist or engineer user.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable, documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to those who study your work
- Strong work ethic and commitment to satisfying the customer.
- Experience with Python and its scientific ecosystem, and a strong understanding of how to apply its capabilities to develop visualizations, work flow frameworks, and elegant scientific applications.
- Strong understanding of statistics, optimization, image processing, signal processing, or other similar area.
Perks and Benefits:
- Interesting, impactful, and intellectually challenging projects.
- A richly collaborative environment with a culture where we enjoy working with one another, and respect and learn from one another.
- A workplace where each individual is valued for their ability to make pragmatic judgements and strengthen skills.
- Opportunities to take risks, grow and advance in your career.
- A work culture infused with science, technology, and software.
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid work – remote 60% / in-office 40%
- Company sponsored lunches and happy hours
- Free parking
Enthought is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Houston, Texas; Cambridge, United Kingdom; Zürich, Switzerland; and Tokyo, Japan. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.