Frontiers is an academic publisher with headquarters in Lausanne Switzerland and offices in 7 countries, employing over 600 people. In the last two years, Frontiers has grown 50% yearly, thus becoming the third largest open-access publisher in the world. Frontiers has massively invested in data acquisition and modeling, leading to the deployment of sophisticated data products to accelerate further its business.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can facilitate the productization, deployment, and maintenance of machine learning algorithms (e.g. computer vision, NLP, recommendations systems) to join our data science team in Madrid.
We are a diverse team of data scientists, software engineers, and business people from over 30 different countries. We are smart and fast moving, operating in small teams, with freedom for independent work and fast decision making.
- Development, optimization, productization and performance monitoring of machine learning models and pipelines in collaboration with data scientists, software developers and devops teams
- Technological review of machine learning methods and technologies and dissemination of good machine learning engineering practices
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Strong proficiency in Python and familiarity with libraries such as scikit-learn, Pandas, NumPy
- Experience with machine learning model development and deployment
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with organizational complexity
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with large structured and unstructured datasets (relational data, text, images) on SQL and noSQL (e.g. mongoDB, Elasticsearch) databases
- Experience with big data pipelining tools and frameworks (e.g Azure Data Factory, Databricks)
- Experience or familiarity with:Code development best practices and tooling (e.g. version control, code reviews, testing, continuous integration and monitoring)
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow/Keras)
- Containerization technology (Docker/Kubernetes)
- REST API tools in Python (e.g. Flask, FastAPI, Celery, streamlit)
- Cloud computing (e.g. Azure, AWS) and MLOps frameworks (e.g. Azure Machine Learning, MLflow).
How to apply
Candidates are encouraged to include in their application links to relevant profiles/projects hosted on public repositories. Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.
- 25 days’ vacation per year and Christmas office closure.
- Participation into the company’s annual bonus scheme.
- Access to the latest equipment and international working environment.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Possibility to work from home if needed.
- Plenty of social and fun benefits:Christmas party, summer barbecue, monthly happy hour.
- Fruits and snacks in the kitchen as well as much tea & coffee as you like.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.