Website FutureFit AI
Location: Anywhere in Canada or US, Eastern Time Zone preferred
Application instructions: Please note that we only review your application if it is customized to the role through a cover letter or some context as to why you are interested in this role at our company – automatic / 1-click / resume-only applications don’t make it to a human.
Job Search is hard. To help you focus your time on the opportunities best suited for you, we would like you to know the following upfront:
- Small, Growing Team: We are a team of less than 50 and, while growing, it is important to us that you love where you work from Day 1. This will be a hands-on build + lead role responsible for our end-to-end data stack. If you are looking for a large organization with very specialized and boxed roles, this opportunity is probably not for you.
- Compensation: We don’t find it productive for you or us to go down a path of multiple conversations and then realize the logistics won’t work no matter how much mutual interest there is. So you should know the compensation for this role will be CAD $100K-$120K salary, up to 20% bonus based on performance, and equity which will range depending on the first two elements but would generally be at the normal level for an early employee given how critical this role is to our future
- No Minimum Education or Years of Experience: We strongly believe that quality of talent is best measured by motivation, alignment of purpose, skills, depth of experiences, and learning agility. While your past learning and work experiences help us understand who you are, what has shaped you, and what you have been exposed to, we do not use minimum education or years of experience requirements in our job postings
If you are still reading, our vision at FutureFit AI is to build an AI-powered ‘Google Maps’ for your Career that helps everyone navigate an increasingly uncertain, unpredictable, and unequal world of work with growing impacts of automation and disruption.
We use significant amounts of data – real-time job market analysis, 350M+ resumes / CVs, 3000+ job profiles, 30,000+ skill profiles, 10,000+ learning opportunities – to help ‘locate’ the user’s starting point in terms of skills and interests, recommend career pathways, analyze the fit, and recommend next step learning and opportunities to improve chances of success. Within the world of data and AI, we primarily focus on NLP and ML.
We have a B2B2C business model where we partner with large companies and national and regional government organizations who invest in and then deploy our platform to their workforce. We do this work both in North America and globally and have been recognized for our work through a $1M Challenge Prize, World Economic Forum, US Government, UK Government, Wall Street Journal, and more.
This role reports directly to the CEO, is a key member of the leadership team, and will need to be an active participant in both shaping our overall business strategy and bringing it to life through a highly nuanced and well-informed data and modelling strategy.
Who you are:
- A sharp, kind, and open-minded human driven by both excellence and impact
- A freakishly quick learner who is actively staying on top of the latest in the world of data science and, preferably, keen to do the same for the future of work (the industry in which we operate) and SaaS (the type of business we are building)
- Experienced with the full data stack – data analysis, data engineering, data science, and data infrastructure
- Effective communicator with ability to act as a credible and trusted bridge with the Engineering and
- Leadership teams as well as our customers and the AI ecosystem
- Looking to make significant contribution to building and growing an impact-driven AI and technology business over a period of several years
What you will focus on:
- Data / AI Strategy & Execution (70%): Own the design, development, and delivery of our end-to-end data and AI strategy to power our platform supported by a small team that you will help develop and grow over time. Day-to-day, in addition to the ongoing strategy work, this role requires you to have significant skills and capabilities in delivering the following workflows with speed and quality on the execution side:
- Design database structure/schema and conduct data ETL
- Prepare data from multiple sources and APIs in various forms for our clients on a regular basis (monthly or quarterly)
- Automate the data update and monitoring process
- Build data solutions including search and ML models
- Build and maintain necessary microservices for the data solutions
- Leverage user data to improve existing ML models
- Data / AI Internal & External Leadership (15%): Be the face of the company’s data / AI capabilities in helping communicate our technical work to other teams, customers, prospective technical talent, and the broader AI ecosystem
- Relationship Management (15%): Coach and support Data team members as well as develop and manage relationships with data vendors and partners
The balance will increasingly shift away from significant hands-on execution as our team grows over the years.
What technical skills, tools, and frameworks you should be very comfortable with:
- Proficiency in python
- Proficiency in mainstream machine learning/deep learning frameworks: sklearn, tensorflow/keras/pytorch, etc.
- Knowledge of classic and modern machine learning theories and algorithms especially for NLP tasks
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL (such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch) databases
- Experience in modular design for software development, such as creating and working with microservices
- Experience in distributed systems such as Spark and Hadoop
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com