Website Hoxton Farms
We make real animal fat. Without the animals.
We’re looking for a Cell Line Development Engineer to join our awesome team
Your expertise in cell line development and stem cell culture will make you an essential member of our R&D team in London. Leading our cell line development efforts alongside a brilliant team of bioprocess engineers and computational biologists, your work will provide the foundation for our efforts to produce cultivated fat at scale.
At every step, you’ll play a huge role in shaping the future of a young and dynamic startup.
You will be the technical lead for our cell line development team, responsible for deriving, engineering and validating new adipogenic cell lines. You will focus on developing and implementing an automated workflow for mammalian stem cell engineering. The cell lines that you generate will form the basis for all R&D and manufacturing at Hoxton Farms.
You should have:
- A PhD (or equivalent experience in industry) in mammalian stem cell biology, tissue engineering, synthetic biology or a related discipline
- At least two years’ experience working in mammalian cell line development and genome engineering in a commercial setting
- Excellent knowledge of mammalian primary stem cell culture, molecular biology, genome engineering and synthetic biology
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and drive
- A talent for teamwork and collaboration
Ideally you’ll have experience in some, but not necessarily all, of the following areas:
- High-throughput screening and design of experiments
- Mesenchymal stem/stromal cell culture and differentiation
- qPCR and RNAseq data analysis (bulk and single-cell)
- Automated liquid handling
💰 Highly competitive salary (approx. £65,000)
📈 Stock option plan
🏛️ Brand new lab and office in Old Street
🏡 Pension plan (matching up to 5%)
🏖️ 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
🚑 Private health insurance + gym discount
👐 Supportive and collaborative environment
💪 Being part of something amazing
Hoxton Farms is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion, diversity and belonging.
If you believe you would add value to our company but don’t meet all the criteria, we would still love to hear from you. We especially encourage applications from female+, LGBTQIA+, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented in the tech industry.
To apply for this job please visit hoxtonfarms.com.