Website Integra FEC LLC
***Please only apply if you have graduated with a Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other quantitatively-based program***
Integra is a data and economic research firm located next to UT Austin that seeks to tackle complex financial fraud cases using data science, econometrics and advanced analytics.
We work with government entities and law firms in their efforts to combat a wide array of financial fraud, ranging from securities fraud to healthcare fraud.
We are looking to hire strong candidates with backgrounds in engineering, physics, mathematics or statistics to support our research in uncovering and proving fraud. This position starts immediately.
Main responsibilities include:
· Working with our quantiative teams to research and examine potential fraudulent patters
· Conducting background research to develop hypotheses of where fraud occurs
· Testing hypotheses through compiling and analysing data
· Data extraction: write scripts to retrieve data out of unstructured or poorly structured data sources
· Data processing: clean unstructured data and process into database
· Data mining: parse free-form text fields, images and spreadsheets to derive insights
· Data analysis: analyze large datasets to find insights and fraudulent patterns, applying appropriate tools and algorithms
· Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or other quantitatively based program
· Demonstrated proficiency with Python
· Experience with R and SQL
· Attention to detail
· Intellectual curiosity and interest in fraud analysis
· Self-starter who is capable of working independently
· Highest ethical standards
· Strong teamwork ethic
· Minimum GPA: 3.5
· Preferred: Knowledge of machine learning and data mining (e.g., clustering, decision trees and neural networks)
To apply, please also include your resume and a copy of your transcript.