Website Leadership for Educational Equity
About Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to all Teach For America corps members and alumni. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in a commitment to equity, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students and communities.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a “When Work Works” award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service.
If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit educationalequity.org.
The Director, Statistical Analysis & Program Evaluation will collaborate cross departmentally to help gain efficiencies and drive decision-making through data and analytics. They will serve as the analytics specialist and advance the National Impact (NI) team’s ability to turn information into insight. In support of the NI’s strategic priorities, they will work proactively with colleagues throughout the team to determine information needs, develop clear objectives and questions, collect and refine data, produce descriptive and inferential analyses, synthesize and present findings, and develop data solutions to ensure that stakeholders have the information they need to create impact. The Director will also participate in broader responsibilities including data governance, ad-hoc reporting projects and creation of new data warehouse servers.
The Director in concert with other data team members will provide data support to the NI Chief of Staff (CoS) and Leadership Team. He/She/They will make strategic recommendations that will strengthen operations in response to a changing environment or context. The Director will ensure all NI team data is accurate and uploaded into the Progress To Goals (PTG) dashboard. In this capacity, the Director will be responsible for implementing a process that ensures that data is curated on the PTG dashboard. He/She/They will also conduct routine data audits of the NI team data. The Director will serve as the point person on all data for the annual planning process and partner with the NI CoS and Leadership Team to developing goals informed by data. This position reports to the Chief of Staff, National Impact.
Position Location: Flexible
Travel Requirements: 15%, all travel is pending due to current restrictions on in-person engagement due to COVID-19.
Data Analysis (35%)
- Lead analytics of large-scale data in LEE’s data warehouse and other relevant (internal and external) data sources across the National Impact team
- Build statistical models which diagnose, validate, and improve the quality and performance of programs
- Create efficient and reusable SQL code meant for the improvement, manipulation, and analysis of data
- Build strong relationships across LEE teams to collaborate on solving strategic challenges and developing analytically informed strategies
- Serve as the point person on all data for the annual planning process and partner with the National Impact Chief of Staff and the Leadership Team to developing goals informed by data
- Utilize programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions
System Design & Development (35%)
- In partnership with the technology team, conduct regular maintenance and upgrade of data warehouse servers
- Design graphical representation of data sets, which can be utilized by programs teams to inform day-to-day decisions
- Cultivate a data culture across all national teams that ensures data integrity, improves system design and increases awareness of data related to programs
Program Evaluation (15%)
- Oversee the pre/post program evaluations for all in-person and virtual learning offerings across NI
- Design surveys to capture member experience with LEE programing
- Make recommendations on how to improve curriculum for all programs across National Impact
- Produce scientific and technical reports of program findings that include statistical, narrative, and graphical components
- Train project staff and partners on evaluation methods and concepts
- Support the development of evidence based and evidence informed programming
Data Integrity (10%)
- Ensure that all team data is accurate and uploaded into the Progress To Goals (PTG) dashboard
- Develop standard operating procedures for the collection and inputting of data across the National Impact Team
- In partnership with the strategy team, develop a joint plan to share data across LEE
- In concert with the technology team, evaluate and make recommendations on current data platforms
Special Projects (5%)
- Manage special projects to include cross-divisional analysis, quarterly update goal setting and other analytical projects as designated by the National Impact Chief of Staff
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6 years relevant, professional experience
- 4 years large-scale data analytics experience with a solid background in descriptive and inferential statistics, including multivariate analyses
- 1 year experience partnering with senior leadership leverage data to inform annual goal planning
- Intermediate experience with SQL and SalesForce
- Demonstrated track record of translating business challenges into data analytics and research questions, and providing data-informed actionable insights and recommendations; influencing teams to adopt recommendations
- Strong relationship builder and influencer; excellent project management
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
- Intermediate to advanced experience with visual display software such as Tableau
- Ability to provide Salesforce training and end-user support
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- 3 years of experience in advanced SQL knowledge
- 2 years of experience in program design in a non-profit environment
- Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
- Advance knowledge of and demonstrate experience using mInsights
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within a geographically dispersed team
- Master’s degree in statistics, or closely related field
Benefits and Pay
Pay for this position is competitive and based upon relevant experience and cost of labor for your location. Please use the following link to learn more about compensation for this position: https://educationalequity.org/applicant-resources#sec3. In addition, LEE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; employer-paid basic life and AD&D insurance and short and long-term disability insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parental leave benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
To apply for this job please visit educationalequity.csod.com.