# Who are we?
UnitedMasters provides premium music distribution services and facilitates unique partnerships between artists and the world’s biggest brands. As opposed to traditional record labels, we enable artists to maintain full ownership of their music, understand & connect with their fans, and expand their reach to millions of new fans worldwide through our direct brand partnerships with the NBA, TikTok, Bose, and many others. Our platform empowers 100k+ artists, including NLE Choppa, Tobe Nwigwe, Bayli, and KOTA the Friend.
The UnitedMasters team is made up of musicians, marketers, engineers and storytellers with backgrounds from Beats, Apple, Instagram, Google, YouTube, Airbnb, SoundCloud, Pandora, Complex, VICE and more.
# What’s the role?
We’re looking for a software engineer with data chops who can be a key player in building data pipelines and machine learning systems that scale. If working with big datasets from Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube piques your interest, and you want to be part of a small, fast-paced team leveraging this data to change the music industry, then this job is for you.
# You will:
- Design, prototype and build new systems using cutting-edge data engineering & ML techniques
- Collaborate with team members to deploy ML models into production that find up-&-coming artists, and help us better understand artist success
- Leverage Spark to drive dramatic performance improvements in order to maintain SLAs for our fast-growing artist base
- Contribute code to our insights engine, which delivers customized career insights to our artists
- Work with product, client and platform teams to ensure user events are getting properly logged, stored and analyzed
- Comfortable collaborating with data scientists, product managers and other software engineers to create solutions
- Strong competency with Python and SQL (3+ years writing production code in a professional setting)
- Strong CS fundamentals (OOP, data structures, etc.)
- Has built or maintained data pipelines that feed an app or service
- Strong distributed computing fundamentals and experience with “big data” distributed systems (ie. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Spark is not required, but a willingness to dive in and learn it is a must.
- Curiosity about data science and machine learning
Our engineering team is currently 100% remote, and has been since the start of the pandemic. Most of us are based in the San Francisco bay area, but we’re open to candidates based anywhere in the US.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org