Website University of Colorado Boulder
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at CU is looking for a highly
motivated individual to join a team that develops and supports data systems to process
and distribute scientific data from NASA space science missions. Projects include
development of data analysis tools, implementation of scientific processing algorithms,
maintenance and improvement of existing systems, and development of new data
system functionality. If you are an individual who is dedicated, loves learning, and wants
to work in a team-oriented environment with engineers, scientists, and students, we
would love for you to apply.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of
Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only
research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science,
engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also
works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers and
mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working
teams. Our students take their unique experiences with them into government or
industry, or remain in academia to continue the cycle of exploration.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop and implement software for processing, management, dissemination, and
calibration of scientific and engineering data for space science missions.
- Apply software engineering best practices in the development process.
- Support scientists in analyzing and producing data products.
What You Should Know
** Due to export control restrictions, only US Citizens and Permanent Residents may
Be Collaborative. Be Pioneering. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelors degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related
- At least 2 years experience programming in Python, and the willingness and ability
to learn new languages as necessary.
- Experience in the design and development of algorithms and software for data
management, processing, and/or analysis of scientific data sets.
- Strong interest in software engineering best practices and associated tools.
Please apply directly here
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colorado.edu.