Website Palisades Group
Palisades Group is an alternative asset manager in the global residential credit markets having managed more than $23 billion of loans, real estate, and fixed income securities since its 2012 inception. It employs a top-down asset allocation approach across residential whole loans, real estate, opportunistic credit, and fixed income markets in the United States, Europe, and Latin America. The Firm provides clients with a control-oriented management style anchored in asset level risk management, loss mitigation, and value-add strategies.
As of December 31, 2022, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate and fixed income assets that amount to over $8 billion in notional balance through a combination of discretionary funds and separate accounts for globally recognized asset managers, private equity firms, family offices, banks, foundations, endowments, broker dealers, and insurance companies.
Palisades offers individuals an exciting and challenging career in a collegial and collaborative environment. We seek to recruit and retain talented individuals that have demonstrated integrity, intellectual curiosity and willing to speak up, constantly seeking to improve processes, genuinely excited to tackle complex challenges, technically proficient, transparent and collaborative, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, detail-oriented with a focus on both form and substance, and committed to doing what they say they are going to do.
Palisades is seeking an Associate or Vice President to join its Investment Management team to focus on mortgage modeling and analytics in either the Austin, Texas or Evanston/Chicago office.
As part of the Investment Management team, the candidate’s responsibilities will include developing, maintaining, and enhancing a variety of mortgage models across product sectors (e.g. non-QM, rehab/construction loans, home equity, mortgage servicing rights, residential mortgage-backed securities) providing comprehensive analytics (default, prepay, severity, transition models, OAS model) for calculating asset and portfolio level risk and returns.
This is a small team, and any candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The position will allow the candidate to work collaboratively across the Company’s cross-functional teams (Data Research & Reporting, Trading & Analytics, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Transaction Management, and Collateral Management) and to learn from the firm’s industry leading professionals. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, a self-starter, have a strong attention to detail, and be able to work under time sensitive deadlines.
- Develop and maintain mortgage models for a variety of residential mortgage products.
- Develop and maintain statistical models that produce key performance vectors (defaults, prepayments and loss severity).
- Create financial models to help evaluate portfolio assets or potential new investment strategies.
- Research new financial products and develop new models to enhance portfolio.
- Develop models to assess risk and generate reports that contain recommendations.
- Produce and deliver asset and macro level forecasts for portfolio management purposes.
- Utilize firm’s enterprise data warehouse to manipulate and analyze large datasets.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with analytics and models related to residential mortgage loans and securities.
- Experience modeling leverage, financing and securitizations in residential mortgage markets.
- Strong knowledge of Excel/VBA.
- Experience with mortgage loan datasets such as Black Knight, CoreLogic, Fannie/Freddie.
- Experience with Intex.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (and Python a plus).
- Experience using BI tools and building dynamic reporting dashboards (Tableau, superset, etc.).
- Advanced statistics and data science experience.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence with clients and employees.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative subject area (e.g., mathematics, computer science, physics, finance). Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field and other finance related accreditations (CFA, FRM, etc.) considered a plus but not mandatory.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan matching
- Charitable giving employee matching program
- Continuing education and professional certification expense reimbursement
- Wellness stipend (monthly)
- 13 paid holidays
- Remote work option (Fridays)
- Summer hours on Friday
- Friday team lunches
Palisades is committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative work environment that is safe and respectful of others; our shared success depends on it. Accordingly, we do not tolerate workplace discrimination, violence or harassment.
We are proud to create a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit app.trinethire.com.